Try to download LoadRunner 9.1...

Try to download LoadRunner 9.1...

... and be disappointed :(

Yes, I tried to download LoadRunner 9.1 and was disappointed. Do you know why I was? OK, I will explain...

Some time ago I wrote about new LoadRunner 9.1 - LoadRunner 9.1 (9.10) is coming soon!

And two days ago I found, that LoadRunner 9.1 is available for downloading from HP site:
It goes without saying, that I click the link 'Download a free 10-Day Trial of LoadRunner' to evaluate new version and share my impressions...

Yes, HP uploaded trial LoadRunner 9.1 version:

After that I pressed 'I Agree' btn to start downloading and... and I got the following error:
It's a pity, that a Leader in Business Technology Optimization (I mean HP) allows such errors...

Moreover! I got this error on this Friday (14th March 2008).
The same error was present on yesterday (15th March).
Nothing changed today (16th March) - I'm getting the error again and again...

It looks like a bad tendency :(

So, do you have any guesses - will HP fix the error tomorrow (2/17/2008) or not? As for me, I doubt.

In any cases, I am still waiting for better times to download and evaluate new LoadRunner 9.1

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like they fixed it...iso is now available for download. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yep they did and I was able to download the iso image and burn it on a dvd.

Anonymous said...

lThe download page is coming properly, but the download is not happening. It is downloading 635KB and ending, though total size is around 2GB.

Gaurav Narain Saxena said...

I was able to download the software. Total size is around 2GB.

When you install it, the destination folder c:\pgmfiles\hp\loadrunner is around 942MB.

I find that strange. Anyways, the VuGen can be run infinitely, but the LoadRunner tool itself needs to have a license.

At my present client, they have the environment, so all I have to do is read the documentation and use it. Which LoadRunner provides.

Anonymous said...

Use Mozilla to download instead of IE.

Unknown said...

ok, so i finally get a copy of LoadRunner v9.1 on DVD from HP and the damn thing won't install!

First I get error messages on the starting splash screen about not being able to find a couple of .bmp files, meaning that all I could see was a blank grey box!

I got around this by retrying the downloaded version, but no luck here either. About half way through the installation, I get an error about it not being able to find a ._trig_dn.gif file and have to cancel the installation.

I tried to get around this by copying all the files to my hard disk and creating the missing files (as a copy of trig_dn.gif, which does exist) but Windows won't let me rename files to start with a '.'. AARRGHHHH!!!!

Any ideas much appreciated,
A

Dmitry Motevich said...

2Amit,
I didn't face such problems.
So, it's difficult to sugest anything...
I would recommend only to verify, that files were recorded correctly on DVD. I mean, they should be placed in the rood of DVD-disk.

Unknown said...

i am unable to download trail version of windows load runner 9.1.
Only 635 MB is getting downloaded.Actuall size is aroung 2GB.I even tried in MOZILLA but no use.

Unknown said...

can i have tht link frm where u was trying to downlaod that link.
thxx
Ranveer

Dmitry Motevich said...

@Ravinder pal singh,
Yes, you can get this link.
1. Open HP site
2. Search for "download loadrunner"
3. Check results

Unknown said...

Has anyone tried to download LoadRunner 9.1 trial recently? I'm getting an error after clicking on 'I Agree' button: We are sorry, there is a problem delivering your requested download. Please contact the Webmaster for additional information.
I'm wondering if it's a common problem..

*Lass*

Anonymous said...

same here...message: "there was a problem in delivering the requested software. Contact webmaster."
I am seeing the same problem for days now...
:(

Unknown said...

I received a response from the webmaster about that problem (after a couple of weeks). They said me to change my registered first name. The problem was that such name is already in system and it causes the problem. That seemed very strange for me, but it really worked! Once I changed my registered name form 'Lasma' to 'L', I was able to download LR.
Try that! And contact the webmaster if it doesn't work.

shantanu said...

For last couple of days, i am trying to download the LR 9.1 .But almost after downloading 100 MB it gives me an error "The file could not be saved because source file could not be read".
I have tried the same for couple times but no success. So has any one faced the same issue and any work around for the same?I am using Mozilla Firefox for the download.