QTP DP (Descriptive Programming) - QTP video

QTP DP (Descriptive Programming) - QTP video

QTP DP (Descriptive Programming) allows working without native QTP Object Repository. QTP Descriptive Programming provides test objects' properties and their values.
So, QTP uses Descriptive Programming statements to identify objects in AUT (application under test) during Run-time.

This QTP video shows and explains concepts of QTP Descriptive Programming:
  • What is QTP Descriptive Programming?
  • How to pass properties and their values directly to test object?
  • How to pass properties and their values using Description object?
  • How to select Descriptive Programming properties of a test object?
  • How t0 oconvert usual QTP script into QTP Descriptive Programming script?
  • How to debug QTP DP?
  • Different secrets of QTP Descriptive Programming
There is a sample screenshot from the present QTP video:
QTP DP (Descriptive Programming) screenshot

QTP DP (Descriptive Programming) - QTP video


Dear reader!
As usual, I need your help :)

Do you have ideas about new video tutorials? Could you suggest new topics? What videos would you most interested in?
Please remember - The content of this blog depends on your wishes and creative ideas!

So, feel free to cantact me.
My email is: Dmitry Motevich's email

--
Dmitry Motevich


Related articles:


Do you like this QTP Video tutorial? Would you like to receive them in the future?
If yes, please subscribe to this blog RSS feed or by Email. (How to subscribe? Video guide)




Do you know that you are free to use/copy/publish all my materials on your site/blog?


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr.Motevich,

Your videos are awesome.They clarify most of my questions. Thank you so much

do u have videos on object repository and checkpoints in QTP?

I appreciate your work.. SUPER!!

Mrudula.

Dmitry Motevich said...

@Anonymous (January 2, 2009),
I publish all my available videos.
So, search on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dmitry,

Your videos are wonderful.
You have taken your invaluable time to prepare such informative videos.
Thank you so much!!!

In this video on DP, you have inadvertently mentioned 'WebEditor' instead of 'WinEditor' for Notepad, in your text messages.

--Sumi

Dmitry Motevich said...

@Anonymous/Sumi (January 15, 2009),
It was my misprint :)
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dmitry,
I meant to say your VALUABLE time, sorry for the mistake.

P.S. If possible, please edit my previous comment accordingly
Thanks
-Sumi

Anonymous said...

Hi Dmitry,

Your videos are simply superb!!!
'A picture is worth a thousand words' - and so are your videos - they give a clear understanding.

Can you please post some videos on how to test Web Services using QTP

Sangeetha K

God said...

Thanks Dmitry for this great video. Lots of old unanswered questions have been answered.

sandy said...

Hi,
I'm really new to QTP. I did not even know what was Descriptive Programming. After looking at the video, i feel even i can try DP. Thanks a lot for the g8 Help!!

Unknown said...

Hello,
Im really new to QTP,still learning the basics of QTP. I had not even heard of descriptive programming. But after seeing your video. I got a thorough understanding abt the subject. Thanks a lot for G8 video.

Can you please upload videos of parameterization in QTP. It would be of great help to all learners...

Keep the g8 work going!!

Thanks,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your videos are very help full for new qtp learners
can u provide some videos which are related to frameworks ,getting data from any database and functions


your doing great job ....

Vasu

iMSM said...

Thanks a lot for the video. I really learnt a lot better than the QTP help. Do publish more videos like this.

Anonymous said...

You are doing a wonerful job. I worked on Winrunner 5 years back and have forgotten scripting but remembered concepts I used and learnt the hard way. You are teaching those concepts much simpler way and driving home the point. Great work

Sangitha said...

Hi Motevich,

Really u are doing great job.I appreciate your effort in delivering such a understandable video.I am learning a lot from this blog.Keep up this good work and I wish u all the best

Anonymous said...

HELLO Dmitry great work man .Its well depicted in your video